Operations Trainer (Furniture)
Kaiyo is an online marketplace committed to great design, exceptional customer care, and a more sustainable planet. We take the uptight and out-of-reach out of interior design by making it easy to buy & sell quality secondhand furniture. Forget about dealing with strangers, renting cars, five flights of stairs, impossible doorways, and hours of assembly. Our team handles all the hassle, so you don't have to.
Our company has entered a hyper-growth phase, serving the New York, Philadelphia, Baltimore, Washington D.C., and Los Angeles metro areas, with plans for continued expansion. Our team is experienced — we’ve scaled companies and seen successful exits. Our customers are passionate; we receive stellar reviews and have a world-class NPS score. We’ve been featured in top-tier publications, including The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, Forbes, The Washington Post, and Vogue. We are funded by Edison Partners, Moderne Ventures, Lerer Hippeau, Correlation Ventures, and Max Ventures.
We are searching for a Process Trainer to join our team, reporting to our Director of Operational Excellence (Training). In this role, you’ll play a critical role ensuring that new Operators across Field and Warehouse receive training consistent with Kaiyo’s SOPs, and Safety protocols. This role requires a strong blend of training expertise, industry knowledge, and effective communication skills to ensure that our team members consistently meet and exceed performance standards.
What You’ll Do:
- Support leadership by developing training materials, including presentations, training manuals, videos, and job aids, to support effective learning among delivery drivers and refurbishing associates.
- Deliver engaging and interactive training sessions, both in a classroom setting and on the job that cover various aspects of furniture delivery and refurbishing, including safety protocols, customer service, product knowledge, and refurbishment techniques.
- Displaying leadership and professional attributes that act as an example to all operators
- Conduct thorough orientation and on-boarding sessions for new team members to ensure they have a strong foundation in company processes, values, and expectations.
- Provide hands-on training and guidance during real-life scenarios to help team members apply their learning effectively and build confidence in their skills.
- Regularly assess and evaluate training program effectiveness through assessments, feedback, and performance metrics. Make necessary adjustments to improve training content and quality continually.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts and stakeholders to gather insights and refine training content as needed.
- Proven experience as a process trainer, preferably in the furniture delivery, logistics, or refurbishing industry.
- In-depth understanding of furniture handling, safety protocols, customer service principles, and refurbishing techniques.
- Reliable attendance and punctuality
- Flexible schedule
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to convey complex concepts clearly and understandably
- Demonstrated proficiency in creating training materials using various tools and platforms
- Patient and adaptable, with the capacity to tailor training approaches to different learning styles
- Analytical mindset to assess training program effectiveness and drive improvements
- High level of organizational skills to manage training schedules, materials, and evaluations.
The role of a Process Trainer for Furniture Delivery Drivers and Furniture Refurbishing Associates involves hands-on training in a dynamic environment requiring physical capabilities to demonstrate furniture handling techniques effectively.
The following physical requirements are essential for this role:
Lifting and Carrying: The ability to lift and carry furniture items of varying weights, ranging from small pieces to larger, bulkier items. This may involve working collaboratively with team members to maneuver and transport furniture safely. Ability to lift up to <50 lbs without assistance and >50 lbs with assistance.
Pushing and Pulling: Proficiency in pushing and pulling furniture carts, dollies, and other equipment used in the delivery and refurbishing processes. This may require exertion of force to navigate items through tight spaces.
Bending and Stooping: Readiness to bend, stoop, and kneel to pick up, inspect, and manipulate furniture items during training sessions. This is essential for demonstrating proper handling techniques and refurbishment processes.
Standing and Walking: Comfort with prolonged periods of standing and walking during training sessions, both indoors and outdoor settings for 8-10 hour shifts. The role may involve moving between different training stations and scenarios.
Dexterity: Adequate hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity to showcase the assembly, disassembly, and refurbishment of furniture items. This includes manipulating tools and materials effectively.
Physical Endurance: The ability to maintain physical stamina throughout the training sessions, which may involve repeated lifting, carrying, and demonstrating tasks over the course of the day.
Safe Lifting Practices: Strict adherence to safe lifting practices to prevent injuries while demonstrating lifting and moving techniques to trainees.
PPE Compliance: Consistent use of personal protective equipment (PPE), such as gloves and safety shoes, to ensure personal safety and model appropriate safety practices.
Communication: Clear and audible communication during training sessions, as well as the capability to engage in discussions and provide guidance in a hands-on environment.