Kaiyo is an online marketplace committed to great design, exceptional customer care, and a more sustainable planet. We take the uptight and out-of-reach out of interior design by making it easy to buy & sell quality secondhand furniture.
Our company has entered a hyper-growth phase, serving the New York, Philadelphia, Baltimore, Washington D.C., and Los Angeles metro areas, with plans for continued expansion. Our team is experienced — we’ve scaled companies and seen successful exits. Our customers are passionate; we receive stellar reviews and have a world-class NPS score. We’ve been featured in top-tier publications, including The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, Forbes, The Washington Post, and Vogue. We are funded by Edison Partners, Moderne Ventures, Lerer Hippeau, Correlation Ventures, and Max Ventures.
If you’re looking for rapid growth, robust training, and dynamic challenges, then you've found the right place. Amazing career opportunities for you are right here at Kaiyo. No matter who you are, Kaiyo is a place you can call home. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Kaiyo and world for all.
About the Role
We are seeking a reliable and experienced Operations Supervisor to manage day-to-day operations at our NJ facilities. Candidates should be highly motivated, friendly, professional, and love working on a team. You also need to be a quick learner who is comfortable with change and the fast-paced nature of a high-growth environment. It is extremely important you believe in our company's mission and are excited to help us grow while maintaining our core values.
Successful candidates will be reporting directly to the Operations Manager of the warehouse. The candidate will have a diverse set of responsibilities, will be working with other operations supervisors, and direct the work of associates in the field. You will have opportunities to learn new skills from our team of experienced professionals. Our ideal candidate has at least two years of logistics, and planning experience.
This role is based at our warehouse in Teterboro, NJ.
What You'll Do
- Ensuring that the overall day-to-day processing operations run smoothly
- Directing the work of operations associates, demonstrating awareness and empathy of their strengths and weaknesses
- Cultivating a culture of respect and professionalism by example, and by providing formal and informal feedback where necessary
- Monitoring team performance, correcting course if necessary, to meet goals, given the evolution of circumstances
- Ensuring self and team's routine daily tasks and checklists are being completed and performing random quality checks
- Manage Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), and performance processes for transportation team, with specific emphasis on identifying, developing, and retaining talent
- Training team members
- Obtain expert level proficiency in daily operations reporting results
- Assisting with new processes and providing feedback to help move the company forward
- Ensure safety and security procedures are effectively communicated and adhered to
- Associate's Degree and 2+ years of progressively responsible experience in operations and warehouse management
- Proven leadership ability, preferred history of managing teams
- Diverse approach to problems coming up with creative solutions to increase effectiveness and efficiency
- Standard work schedule will include Saturday and/or Sunday
- Comfortable with occasional long hours
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Desire to work in a fast paced, high growth environment and data-driven environments
- Proficiency in technical skills (Slack, Email, Excel, Word and WMS)
- Ability to multi task with good time management and organization skills
- Competitive salary
- Medical Insurance with HRA
- FREE, Company Paid Dental/Vision/Life/Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Paid time off
- Commuter benefits
- Gym reimbursement
- 25% Employee Discount
We continuously strive to create and maintain a diverse and inclusive environment, and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.