Kaiyo is an online marketplace committed to great design, exceptional customer care, and a more sustainable planet. We take the uptight and out-of-reach out of interior design by making it easy to buy & sell quality secondhand furniture. Forget about dealing with strangers, renting cars, five flights of stairs, impossible doorways, and hours of assembly. Our team handles all the hassle so you don't have to.
Our company has entered a hyper-growth phase, serving the New York, Philadelphia, Baltimore, Washington D.C., and Los Angeles metro areas, with plans for continued expansion. Our team is experienced — we’ve scaled companies before and have seen successful exits. Our customers are passionate; we receive stellar reviews and have a world-class NPS score. We’ve been featured in top-tier publications including The Wall Street Journal, Forbes, The Washington Post, and Vogue and are funded by Edison Partners, Moderne Ventures, Lerer Hippeau, Correlation Ventures, and Max Ventures.
Currently, we are serving the New York, Philadelphia, Baltimore, Washington D.C., and Los Angeles metro areas, with plans for continued expansion and opportunities for our team.
About the Role
We are seeking a dedicated and motivated Warehouse Operator to join our team to safely handle items (furniture, rugs, art work, etc.) with or without material handling equipment (dollies, team lifts, carts, etc.) using established SOPs (standard operating procedures). These processes include, but are not limited to loading and unloading of trucks, picking and putaway, and cycle counting.
The ideal candidate should have a positive attitude while working collaboratively within a team.
Your ability to work safely, your commitment to quality and your ability to achieve Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) will contribute to your overall success in the role.
What You'll Do
- Efficiently perform repetitive tasks of cleaning and processing furniture items for storage, ensuring that the items are presentable and well-maintained. This includes, but is not limited to receiving, washing, photographing and blanket wrapping items.
- Lift and carry objects weighing up to 75 lbs repeatedly, and occasionally assist with heavier loads as needed.
- Adhere to all safety guidelines and protocols to prevent accidents and injuries and contribute to a safe working environment. Report any potential hazards or incidents immediately.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization within the warehouse, including sweeping, organizing storage areas, and disposing of unwanted materials properly.
- Inspect incoming furniture items for any defects, damages, or missing parts and report to management.
- Utilize basic tools and equipment for furniture assembly, disassembly when required.
- Using mobile devices for performing all warehouse functions (including cycle counting).
- Perform any task based on business needs.
- Understand, read, write, and speak English proficiently to follow instructions, complete documentation, and communicate effectively with colleagues and supervisors.
- Proficient with basic tools and equipment used in furniture handling and maintenance.
- Proficient with using mobile devices for various warehouse functions, including cycle counting and data entry.
- Strong attention to detail and adhere to company rules & regulations.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and collaborate with colleagues to meet business goals.
- Demonstrated ability to exceed attendance, quality and productivity goals.
- Must be able to work any one weekend day and any three weekdays as a part of your regular work schedule based on business needs.
- Must be able to work extra hours in addition to a regular work schedule based on business needs.
- Open ability to work holidays as needed.
- Repeatedly lifting up to 75 lbs unassisted and moving product 150+ lbs via team lift.
- Ability to work on repetitive tasks and stand for the full duration of the shift for consecutive work days.
- Must be able to hear safety horns and communications to ensure your safety and those working around you.
- Medical, dental (free), vision (free), life (free), and long-term disability (free) insurance are provided
- 401k with a 4% company match
- Gym reimbursement
- Paid time off
- Paid Holidays
- Training and Career Development
We also offer a generous $750 Referral Bonus to our employees who help us find great talent!