Lead Delivery Driver - Field Operations (Non CDL)
Kaiyo is an online marketplace committed to great design, exceptional customer care, and a more sustainable planet. We take the uptight and out-of-reach out of interior design by making it easy to buy & sell quality secondhand furniture. Forget about dealing with strangers, renting cars, five flights of stairs, impossible doorways, and hours of assembly. Our team handles all the hassle so you don't have to.
Our company has entered a hyper-growth phase, serving the New York, Philadelphia, Baltimore, Washington D.C., and Los Angeles metro areas, with plans for continued expansion. Our team is experienced — we’ve scaled companies before and have seen successful exits. Our customers are passionate; we receive stellar reviews and have a world-class NPS score. We’ve been featured in top-tier publications including The Wall Street Journal, Forbes, The Washington Post, and Vogue and are funded by Edison Partners, Moderne Ventures, Lerer Hippeau, Correlation Ventures, and Max Ventures.
Currently, we are serving the New York, Philadelphia, Baltimore, Washington D.C., and Los Angeles metro areas, with plans for continued expansion and opportunities for our team.
About the Role
We are seeking a motivated and reliable Field Associate to join our team and play a pivotal role in delivering exceptional customer experiences. As a Field Associate, you will be responsible for safely and efficiently picking up and delivering furniture to our valued customers' homes. Your attention to detail, customer service skills, and commitment to quality will contribute to the overall success of our brand.
What You'll Do
- Safely transport, load and unload furniture items from the warehouse to customers' homes, ensuring that all items arrive in excellent condition without causing damage to customer homes or property. Skillfully handle, transport, and set up furniture items, ensuring they arrive in impeccable condition and fit seamlessly within apartment spaces.
- Deliver an unparalleled white glove experience to our customers room of choice that reflects Kaiyo's commitment to excellence and sustainability.
- Adhere to all traffic and safety regulations to ensure the safety of yourself, your team, and the public during deliveries.
- Collaborate effectively within a 2-person team, ensuring seamless furniture delivery and setup in customers' homes, including apartments.
- Provide exceptional customer service by communicating effectively with customers, addressing any inquiries, concerns, or delivery-related questions.
- Inspect and assess furniture items for any defects, damages, or missing parts before pick-up/delivery, reporting any issues to dispatch.
- Collaborate with the logistics team to ensure accurate picking and staging of furniture items for delivery. Securely pack items in the truck for transport back to the warehouse, preventing any damage during transit.
- Collaborate with colleagues and supervisors to continuously improve delivery processes, customer satisfaction, and operational efficiency.
- Ability to navigate & drive throughout operating areas (cities [including NYC], suburbs, & rural areas) while using Google Maps, Waze, or other GPS software/apps
- Willingness to take on any task, regardless of its level, as part of a collaborative team
- Proficient in using mobile devices for work-related transactions
- Clean driving record: No more than 1 moving violation (speeding tickets, reckless driving, or other moving violations)
- Must be able to work any one weekend day and any three weekdays as a part of your regular work schedule based on business needs.
- Must be able to work extra hours in addition to a regular work schedule based on business needs.
- Open ability to work holidays as needed.
- Valid drivers license in the state that you are applying
- Since our deliveries involve crossing state lines, you need to be at least 21 years old to drive a truck.
- Valid driver’s license—no CDL required
- Pass the DOT physical
- Excellent customer service and driving skills
- Able to maneuver up to 150+ lbs. with dollies or via team lift, both within the warehouse and into the customer home.
- Comfort with standing, walking, bending, and kneeling for extended periods.
- Competent operation of delivery vehicles, including 16ft and 26ft box trucks, and related equipment.
- Ability to perform warehouse tasks, including loading and unloading items based on customer needs.
- Pickup/deliver furniture in all weather conditions (year round) barring extreme weather situations.
- Work in a customer’s home as required.
- Medical, dental (free), vision (free), life (free), and long-term disability (free) insurance are provided
- 401k with a 4% company match
- Gym reimbursement
- Paid time off
- Paid Holidays
- Training and Career Development
We also offer a generous $750 Referral Bonus to our employees who help us find great talent!